Quick Nutrition Facts | #lifegoals
How to eat healthy throughout the day!
Today at work we had a Lunch N’ Learn taught by one of our awesome yoga instructors. The topic was how to eat healthy throughout the day, and starting healthy habits. This has been one of my life goals, but I’m always so lazy and never end up following through with my intentions. Here’s a quick glance of the things we can eat and drink to live a healthier life.
- Do not start the day with coffee! Since it’s acidic it’s not really good for your tummy after you’ve fasted for about 8 hours! Try drinking a glass of water instead right when you wake up jumpstart your body. Keep a glass overnight next to your bed so it’s easy to access in the morning.
- Eat breakfast! I really need to start meal prepping the night before. She talked about overnight oats which I really want to try out for work days! It looks quick easy and super delicious with all the different fruits you can add.
- It’s ok to eat some cards during lunch because you need it for energy for the rest of the day. You should have a balanced meal, quarter portions of each food group. No creamy soups!
- This is the best time to eat low card since you’ll be resting and getting ready to sleep after. Make half your plate veggies, a quarter of protein, and a quarter of a healthy side dish. Portion control is important at dinner, once you sleep all your extra intake may turn into fat.
- Crock pots are a good investment for those on the go.
- Drink lots of water, Rule of thumb is half your body weight in ounces. Having a cool bottle with you helps in achieving your water intake goal.
- Watch your calorie intake by using My Fitness Pal, track your meals so you don’t over eat.
- Sign up for fitness classes to do something fun while working out at the same time!