Downtown Santa Ana is growing into an amazing foodie destination. There are a ton of up and coming chef’s with innovative recipes. 4th Street Market is one of my favorite places to hang out and grab a bite! This weekend I attended Savor Santa Ana, a culinary event where most of the restaurants of Downtown Santa Ana join together for one night and serve sample to attendees!
First things first, sample size tastes are amazing! At check in you pay $10 for 5 tickets, and you’re welcome to buy more if you have a huge appetite. You also get a map showing you where every sample is located. Everything is walkable, but there is a complimentary trolley to take you down the street as well.
Here are some of the food I got to taste!
1. Smoked Bratwurst Drunken Fries from Wursthaus
2. Poke Bowl from Mar
3. Curry Tacos from Dos Chinos
4. Horchata Expresso Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich from Chunk N Chip
5. 714 Blonde by Bottle Logic from Native Son Alehouse
6. Crème Brulee French Toast and Wagyu Slider from Velvet Lounge
7. Yakitori from Electric City Butcher
8. Short Rib Poutine from Stockyard Sandwich Co
Aside from the amazing food, I had a great time walking around downtown and discovering what Santa Ana has to offer. There were musicians filling the streets with song and savory smells around every corner. It was definitely a magical time!
And of course we had to get Bolsa fries (a full size entree) from Dos Chinos and had some happy hour drinks at the Copper Door!
Can’t wait until next year’s event! Thanks Savor Santa Ana for having me :)